We humans always want something more, something extra, and something richer. Same goes for TVs. 4K Ultra HD TVs are for those who want four times the resolution of Full HD TVs. This is because of 8.3 million pixels on the screen.
First, let see why it is named after 4k. The resolution in 4K Ultra HD TV is 3840 pixels wide by 2160 pixels tall, compared to 1920×1080 (2.07 megapixels). This means sharp picture quality, showing four times of clarity compared to 1080p HD. The viewing experience will be of absolute precision with the finest details, richer sounds, and smooth curved lines. There are few series filmed in 4K Ultra High Definition, and there are few 4k Videos available. In future, we can expect more and more videos filmed in 4K Ultra HD.
Apart from picture clarity, 4K Ultra HD TVs can access Wi-Fi network and can access Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, Pandora, and so on. While considering 4K UHD TVs, it is important what want to watch on TV is very important. Say for example, when watching movies filmed in 4k UHD, it looks stunning. You will be witnessing an extraordinary sensation of image picture clarity and crisp images.
If your living room is small, where your screen is close to you, then 4K Ultra High Definition will suit you. As it comes with huge resolution, for viewing photos on TV will make it look noticeably better.
With the wide choices available in the market for 4k Ultra HD TV, it becomes extremely important to verify few basic standard features:
* Verify that connector type for the video sources. Preferably HDMI 2.0, which is improved bandwidth to carry 4k 60-frames per the second signal.
* Latest copy-protection scheme for 4K video is HDCP 2.2 and in case, TV doesn’t have this, then Video sources may show as blank screens.
* If you are using Netflix for movies, then video-compression standard should be H.265, otherwise streaming won’t be possible for Netflix 4k.
* Upscaling of the content up to four times the resolution of Full HD picture quality is available with few vendors. This will be adding extra credible look for a regular Full HD content.
There are many types of 4K contents available in the market. Also, you can create your own 4K movies with the cameras which can record video in 4k. Browsing and computing in 4K will enhance the experiences of apps like maps. Happy viewing !!!
Check the top 4K ultra HD TVs at Amazon.com
Top 5 best 4K Ultra HD TVs are given below:
# RANK 1
TCL 55R617 - 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2018 Model)
- Your purchase includes One TCL 55R617 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2018 Model), One voice enabled remote control with batteries and One analog audio/video input adapter.
- TV dimensions without stand: 48.5" W x 28.1" H x 2.9" D. TV dimensions with stand: 48.5” W x 30.6” H x 10.7” D. Stand separation distance: 47.9” TV weight without stand: 37.1 lbs
- Our Contrast Control Zones (CCZ) is part of the powerful performance package available on our new six series TV. Simply put, and LED TV with Full array and contrast control zones is the only way in LED TV can have the blackest blacks and whitest whites on screen at the same time, delivering an amazing contrast, bright vibrant white, and deep rich blacks.
- The 120 Hz clear motion index uses a combination of the TVs need of 60 Hz panel and back like scanning to deliver clear fast action. This technology prevents the “soap opera effect”.
- While TCL Roku TVs do not include Bluetooth, you can connect this TV to external audio by using either HDMI ARC, a digital optical audio out, or an analog audio out in the form of a 3.5 mm Jack.
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
# RANK 2
Sony XBR55X900F 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED Android TV with Alexa Compatibility
- Beyond High Definition: 4K UHD HDR picture offers stunning clarity, color range and detail
- Enhanced Quality: With the X1 Extreme Processor enjoy controlled contrast & wide range of brightness
- Say It. See It.: Connect Alexa to your TV to stream smart camera feeds with your voice, play music, launch video apps, and more; Compatible with Amazon Alexa & Google Home
- Premium Display: Enjoy Vibrant Colors with Triluminos & Clear on Screen Action with X-Motion Clarity
- Dimensions(WxHxD): Without Stand 48 3/8 x 27 7/8 x 2 3/4 inches, with Stand 48 3/8 x 30 3/8 x 10 5/8 inches
- Multiple Inputs: 4 HDMI, 2 USB2.0, 1 USB3.0 & 1 Composite Port to Easily Switch Inputs
- Box Includes: Voice Remote, Batteries, Power Cord, IR Blaster, Operating Manual, Setup Guide & Stand
# RANK 3
Samsung UN55NU8000FXZA Flat 55" 4K UHD 8 Series Smart LED TV (2018)
- HDR Plus: See movies and shows just as the director intended in stunning high dynamic range
- Ultra Slim Array: The Ultra Slim Array dynamically fine tunes the deepness of the blacks, to the brightness of the whites, for a picture with sensational contrast
- Dynamic Crystal Color: Discover an expanded world of colors where millions of shades HDTVs can’t replicate make all the difference
- Motion Rate 240: Enjoy smooth, crisp action even in the fastest scenes. Product Size (W x H x D) Without Stand 48.3 x 28 x 2.2 Inch. Product Size (W x H x D) With Stand: 48.3 x 31 x 12.7 Inch
- Smart TV with Bixby Voice: A revolutionary way to help find streaming and live TV shows with a Universal Guide, one remote and voice assistance. Sound Output (RMS):40 Watt
# RANK 4
Sceptre Curved 55-Inch 4K Ultra High Definition 3840 x 2160 UHD LED TV C558CV-U (Metal Black 2018)
- 55" 4K UHDTV Curved TV
- Ultra High Definition 3840x2160
- HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2
- MEMC 120 (Motion Estimation and Motion Compensation)
- USB Port
# RANK 5