Irrespective of where you live, it is important that you keep yourself prepared for the hottest days every year with a powerful and reliable air conditioner to back you up. Whether it is an old window unit that you are replacing or a mini-split system being installed at your new address, this guide will help you in finding the best air conditioner within your budget.
Choose the right size
An air conditioner that is not large enough will not be capable of cooling a room sufficiently. On the other hand, an over-sized unit will make your room cold and clammy by failing to remove enough moisture from the space. You may have heard a lot about the appropriate BTU (British Thermal Units) of air-conditioners but you should not go by it while purchasing one. The capacity of your AC should be in sync with the floor area of your room and will increase for air-conditioners placed in kitchens or along sunny windows.
Note the noise levels
Some air-conditioner units that are rated very good or excellent in noise tests are quiet enough to produce only a noise of the running fan. However, a slightly noisier unit could be a deterrent for light sleepers on low usage but prove highly irritating on a high usage power.
Check for the warranty
The best air conditioner typically has a longer warranty compared to its compatriots. While buying a new unit you should check the manufacturer’s website for appropriate information and subsequently ask the retailer about the brand and model.
Follow this guide to get your hands on the best air conditioner.
Top 5 air conditioners are below:
# RANK 1
LG LW1516ER 15,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted AIR Conditioner with Remote Control
- 2016 energy star: 11.9 energy efficiency Ratio (EER). Auto Restart - Yes
- Uses standard 115V electrical outlet;Refrigerant:R32
- 15,000 BTUs cools a room up to 800 sq. Ft
- Dehumid (Pts/Hr) : 3.3. DBA Level (Indoor / Outdoor) : 59/65
- 3 cooling speeds/3 fan speeds for cooling flexibility.Cooling Area (Sq. Ft.) 800
# RANK 2
Pioneer Air Conditioner WYS012A-19 Wall Mount Ductless Inverter+ Mini Split Heat Pump, 12000 BTU-110/120V
- Save money all year-round with a highly efficient ductless mini split inverter+ heat pump system
- Ultra-silent and beautifully built perfect for home or light commercial use
- Comes with every needed component in the box, including an easy-install 16ft copper piping kit
- Use for both cooling and heating: 12000 BTU/hour with 19 SEER and 10 HSPF efficiency
- Free tech support and a 5 year coverage on the compressor
- Voltage 110 120 VAC 60 Hz (standard household power l-n-g)
# RANK 3
MRCOOL DIY-24-HP-230A Air Conditioner
- Recharged 410 Quick Connect Line set
- Remote APP
- Leakage Detection
- Low Ambient Cooling
- Sleep Mode
# RANK 4
Frigidaire FFRE2533U2 25,000 BTU 230V Window-Mounted Heavy-Duty Temperature Sensing Remote Control Air Conditioner, White
- 2016 Energy Star: 10.3 Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER)
- 25,000 (high) / 24,700 (low) BTU heavy-duty air conditioner for window-mounted installation
- Special 230V electrical outlet required (Unit will not work with a standard 115V outlet)
- Quickly cools a room up to 1,600 sq. ft.
- Dehumidification up to 10.3 pints per hour
- Certifications & Approvals: Safety Certification: UL/CUL (SA11087)|ETL Listed: No|NSF Certified: No|ENERGY STAR Certified: Yes|ADA Compliant - All Brands: No|UL Listed: Yes|CSA Listed: No
- General Specs: Max Wall Thickness: 8.25"|Product Weight (lbs): 130|Window Height: 19-1/4"|Refrigerant: R410a|Warranty: 1 Year Full/5 Year Sealed System|Reconditioned: No|Annual Cost(.12 / kWH): 218|Window Width: 30" - 41"|BrandFamilyFrigidaire: Yes|ProductLaunch: NA|Shipping Weight (lbs): 148|Power Type: Electric|Size: N/A|Installation Type: Window Mounted|Collection: Frigidaire
# RANK 5
Frigidaire 12,000 BTU 115V Through-the-Wall Air Conditioner with Temperature Sensing Remote Control
- 12,000 BTU air conditioner for through-the-wall installation (Not suitable for window installation)
- Uses standard 115V electrical outlet
- Quickly cools a room up to 550 sq. ft.
- Dehumidification up to 3.3 pints per hour
- Ready-select electronic controls allow you to easily select options with the touch of a button