Mobile phones are one of the most indispensable items in everyday life. People now can’t think of spending life without a cell phone. The time has evolved from landline to mobile telephony and this successful transition has come to help of millions of people across the globe. Irrespective of age, cell phones are used by people and everybody has his own purpose of using it.
To choose the best battery life cell phone, several important aspects should be taken into consideration. This is mainly because the battery life of a phone depends on so many factors and one should take care of those before choosing the best one. Obviously, it is tough to find all good features in a single cell phone, still, efforts can be made to find such a mobile phone which is good in all respect.
Here are some vital points to keep in mind while choosing the best battery life cell phone
Obviously, while discussing a good battery enabled phone, one must look into the capacity & specification of the battery given along with the phone. The capacity of the cell phone battery is being marked in “mAh”, so higher mAh batteries are supposed to run longer than the lesser one. In this concept, a 3200 mAh battery enabled phone should give the longer duration of support than a 2100 mAh battery.
Display of a phone consumes battery. A 5” or 6” phone automatically will consume more battery than a 3.5” or 4” phone. Although smaller display might not give a great visual delight in terms of the size of text and image it will be quite effective to last for long. One can use the phone for longer duration without having too much of concern.
Any latest processor tries to minimize the battery usage so that it can run for long. Also, if heated, processors tend to work slowly. So special care is taken while preparing a mobile phone and in that context, both processors of the phone, as well as battery, hold an important place. The latest Snapdragon or MediaTek chipsets do follow the same structure and that is why the significant increase in the battery life has been observed.
The operating system of a phone also plays a vital role for longer battery life. There is no denial of the fact that a basic phone lasts at least 2-3 days without charging as it requires very less amount of charge to run the entire operation. On the other hand, a smartphone with the Android operating system running in the background obviously needs more power to run all of its apps. Also, the display has become HD in most of the cases, so as to have a clear and prominent display, the power supply should be adequate. That is why batteries run lesser for smartphones. Eventually, in Lollipop, the latest version of the Android operating system, significant enhancement has been noticed in terms of battery life and one now can get more hours than before.
Usage of the phone:
Another important aspect is to measure exactly how many hours the battery gave service. If someone is only with call receiving and sending, then his phone will be active for a longer duration. If someone is constantly online with 2G / 3G internet, then battery life will definitely be lesser. And if anyone is addicted to playing mobile games, then the battery will exhaust in a whisker. It all depends on how to use the phone and accordingly the battery capacity should be taken into account.
This is all about best battery life cell phone although, in the modern smartphone era, batteries will be exhausted in a faster way. If the phone is a basic one with lesser display size, then it can run for long. Otherwise, batteries will be consumed as per the usage of the phone.
Top 5 best battery life cell phones are given below:
# RANK 1
SAMSUNG Galaxy S9 G960U 64GB Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Phone w/ 12MP Camera - Midnight Black
- Super Speed Dual Pixel Camera; Music Play Time: AOD off: Up to 90 hours, AOD on: Up to 51 hours
- Infinity Display: Edge to edge immersive screen, enhancing your entertainment experience
- IP68 rating: Withstands splashes, spills, and rain so it can take a dip, worry free
- Battery: AOD off: Up to 326 hours (13.6 days), AOD on: Up to 82 hours (3.5 days)
- Bluetooth v5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps)
# RANK 2
SAMSUNG Galaxy S9+ Factory Unlocked Smartphone 64GB - Midnight Black
- Super Speed Dual Pixel Camera with Rear Dual Camera
- Infinity Display: edge to edge immersive screen, enhancing your entertainment experience
- IP68 rating: withstands splashes, spills, and rain so it can take a dip, worry free
- Internal Memory 64 GB. Expandable Storage up to 400GB
- Fast Wireless Charging: Avoid the wires and power up quickly by placing your phone on a Fast Wireless Charger
# RANK 3
Apple iPhone X, GSM Unlocked 5.8", 256 GB - Space Gray
- An all‑new 5.8‑inch Super Retina screen with all-screen OLED Multi-Touch display
- 12MP wide-angle and telephoto cameras with Dual optical image stabilization
- Wireless Qi charging
- Splash, water, and dust resistant
- Sapphire crystal lens cover
# RANK 4
Huawei P20 Pro 128GB Single-SIM (GSM Only, No CDMA) Factory Unlocked 4G/LTE Smartphone (Black) - International Version
- For USA Buyers : This Smartphone is compatible/will work with any GSM Networks such as AT&T, T-Mobile. For exact 2G GSM, 3G, 4G/LTE compatibility, please check with your network provider in advance prior to your purchase. This phone WILL NOT WORK with any CDMA Networks such as VERIZON, SPRINT, US CELLULAR.
- Network Compatibility : 2G GSM/EDGE: 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 and/or 3GUMTS (WCDMA) / HSPA+ / DC-HSDPA 800(B6) / 800(B19) / 850(B5) / 900(B8) / 1700|2100(B4) / 1900(B2) / 2100(B1) and/or 4G FDD-LTE:700(B12) / 700(B17) / 700(B28) / 800(B18) / 800(B19) / 800(B20) / 850(B5) / 850(B26) / 900(B6) / 900(B8) / 1700|2100(B4) / 1800(B3) / 1800(B9) / 1900(B2) / 2100(B1) / 2600(B7) | TD-LTE : 1900(B39) / 2300(B40) / 2600(B38)
- 6.1" inch, AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours, 1080 x 2240 pixels,
- 128GB Storage, 6GB RAM | Triple: 40 MP (f/1.8, 27 mm, 1/1.7", OIS) + 20 MP (f/1.6, 27 mm) + 8 MP (f/2.4, 80 mm), Leica optics, 3x optical zoom, phase detection and laser autofocus, LED flash, Front Camera 24MP
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), Hisilicon Kirin 970, Octa-core (4x2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A53), Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
# RANK 5
LG V30 US998 64GB GSM & CDMA Smartphone (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon) Factory Unlocked
- DOES THIS DEVICE NEED A SIM CARD: Yes it does (NANO Sim card Enclosed) Being that this device is Factory Unlocked from the US Cellular Network it will work on any Network and will support the frequencies that this device was made to support (No preloaded Apps Will be installed and the device will not have any Applications or Bloatware).
- WHAT FREQUENCIES DOES THIS DEVICE SUPPORT: Well this device suports Multi-Band/Multi-Mode and automatically detects which band is the best supported at any given time GSM 850 900 (E-GSM) 1800 (DCS) 1900 (PCS). UMTS B1 (2100) B2 (1900 PCS) B5 (850) B8 (900 GSM), LTE B1 (2100) B2 (1900 PCS) B3 (1800 +) B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1) B5 (850) B7 (2600) B12 (700 ac) B13 (700 c) B20 (800 DD) B25 (1900 +) B66 (1700/2100). CDMA BC0 (800) BC1 (1900 PCS).
- HOW LONG CAN I EXPECT THE BATTERY TO LAST ME: Well the battery size is 3,300 mAh (Non-Removable) which in a Usage time frame means 14 solid hours of streaming at 4G LTE speeds as well it has a Standby time of up to 490 hours before you need to recharge the battery.
- WHAT CAN I EXPECT OUT OF THE BOX: Well the V30 comes running Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with upgrades available to 8.0.0 Oreo as well as a fast charger where you can charge the device to full in Approx 2 hours as well as compatible with wireless charging (sold separately).
- WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT LG 2ND YEAR WARRANTY: LG supports a second year limited warranty for devices purchase only directly from the carrier they do not extend this warranty when purchased from online retailers at heavily discounted rates therefore if you do desire an extended warranty you may purchase one from a site such as SquareTrade as LG only supports their warranty when purchased and paid for the full amount of 9.99 directly from the carrier.