Cell phones are nowadays are used for different purposes. Working with GPS navigation is one of them. Although navigation system is a different entity and it was never associated with mobile phones. There were exclusive devices who were able to locate any place due to its GPS chipset and this is particularly helpful for navigation purpose. Based on this navigation system, the maps are designed to reach a destination from source and GPS plays a vital role in the entire process.
With the advent of smartphones, several things started to be incorporated. GPS navigation system is one of them. Now using a single cellphone, one can keep track of anything, be a person or of a car. The routes can be decided based on the map and locations will change accordingly if GPS navigation system is activated on the smartphone. It helps a lot to those persons who have to move into several unknown places and have to explore new things. There are several aspects to find the best cell phone for GPS navigation and here are some of those:
Obviously, the smartphone must be equipped with navigation system. With GPS, it can help to trace the present location and several benefits can be drawn out of that.
Maps are also an integral part of any cell phone meant for GPS navigation. Maps are ideal to search for an unknown location and how to reach that destination using various means of the communication system.
A large screen phone is ideal so that the entire path can be checked vividly. The GPS navigation may include start and end point and the locator moves as per the user movement. So a big screen smartphone is ideal for such display as it helps to understand the entire part quite easily.
The RAM of the phone must be on the higher side so that it never stops midway. RAM is needed to run the smartphone in a smooth way, so a higher amount of RAM is ideal in such cases.
The smartphone must be powered by the internet as without that, one cannot find the location points. The entire GPS navigation system will fail and one won’t understand the locations unless any internet is there on the phone.
GPS software consumes lots of battery, so for GPS navigation, we should go for long battery life cellphones.
In short, these are the features to be taken care of while choosing the best cell phone for GPS navigation.
Check the best cellphones for GPS navigation at Amazon
Top 5 cell phones for GPS navigation are given below:
# RANK 1
SAMSUNG Galaxy S9 G960U 64GB Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Phone w/ 12MP Camera - Midnight Black
- Super Speed Dual Pixel Camera; Music Play Time: AOD off: Up to 90 hours, AOD on: Up to 51 hours
- Infinity Display: Edge to edge immersive screen, enhancing your entertainment experience
- IP68 rating: Withstands splashes, spills, and rain so it can take a dip, worry free
- Battery: AOD off: Up to 326 hours (13.6 days), AOD on: Up to 82 hours (3.5 days)
- Bluetooth v5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps)
# RANK 2
SAMSUNG Galaxy S9+ Factory Unlocked Smartphone 64GB - Midnight Black
- Super Speed Dual Pixel Camera with Rear Dual Camera
- Infinity Display: edge to edge immersive screen, enhancing your entertainment experience
- IP68 rating: withstands splashes, spills, and rain so it can take a dip, worry free
- Internal Memory 64 GB. Expandable Storage up to 400GB
- Fast Wireless Charging: Avoid the wires and power up quickly by placing your phone on a Fast Wireless Charger
# RANK 3
Apple iPhone X, GSM Unlocked 5.8", 256 GB - Space Gray
- An all‑new 5.8‑inch Super Retina screen with all-screen OLED Multi-Touch display
- 12MP wide-angle and telephoto cameras with Dual optical image stabilization
- Wireless Qi charging
- Splash, water, and dust resistant
- Sapphire crystal lens cover
# RANK 4
Huawei P20 Pro 128GB Single-SIM (GSM Only, No CDMA) Factory Unlocked 4G/LTE Smartphone (Black) - International Version
- For USA Buyers : This Smartphone is compatible/will work with any GSM Networks such as AT&T, T-Mobile. For exact 2G GSM, 3G, 4G/LTE compatibility, please check with your network provider in advance prior to your purchase. This phone WILL NOT WORK with any CDMA Networks such as VERIZON, SPRINT, US CELLULAR.
- Network Compatibility : 2G GSM/EDGE: 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 and/or 3GUMTS (WCDMA) / HSPA+ / DC-HSDPA 800(B6) / 800(B19) / 850(B5) / 900(B8) / 1700|2100(B4) / 1900(B2) / 2100(B1) and/or 4G FDD-LTE:700(B12) / 700(B17) / 700(B28) / 800(B18) / 800(B19) / 800(B20) / 850(B5) / 850(B26) / 900(B6) / 900(B8) / 1700|2100(B4) / 1800(B3) / 1800(B9) / 1900(B2) / 2100(B1) / 2600(B7) | TD-LTE : 1900(B39) / 2300(B40) / 2600(B38)
- 6.1" inch, AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours, 1080 x 2240 pixels,
- 128GB Storage, 6GB RAM | Triple: 40 MP (f/1.8, 27 mm, 1/1.7", OIS) + 20 MP (f/1.6, 27 mm) + 8 MP (f/2.4, 80 mm), Leica optics, 3x optical zoom, phase detection and laser autofocus, LED flash, Front Camera 24MP
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), Hisilicon Kirin 970, Octa-core (4x2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A53), Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
# RANK 5
LG V30 US998 64GB GSM & CDMA Smartphone (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon) Factory Unlocked
- DOES THIS DEVICE NEED A SIM CARD: Yes it does (NANO Sim card Enclosed) Being that this device is Factory Unlocked from the US Cellular Network it will work on any Network and will support the frequencies that this device was made to support (No preloaded Apps Will be installed and the device will not have any Applications or Bloatware).
- WHAT FREQUENCIES DOES THIS DEVICE SUPPORT: Well this device suports Multi-Band/Multi-Mode and automatically detects which band is the best supported at any given time GSM 850 900 (E-GSM) 1800 (DCS) 1900 (PCS). UMTS B1 (2100) B2 (1900 PCS) B5 (850) B8 (900 GSM), LTE B1 (2100) B2 (1900 PCS) B3 (1800 +) B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1) B5 (850) B7 (2600) B12 (700 ac) B13 (700 c) B20 (800 DD) B25 (1900 +) B66 (1700/2100). CDMA BC0 (800) BC1 (1900 PCS).
- HOW LONG CAN I EXPECT THE BATTERY TO LAST ME: Well the battery size is 3,300 mAh (Non-Removable) which in a Usage time frame means 14 solid hours of streaming at 4G LTE speeds as well it has a Standby time of up to 490 hours before you need to recharge the battery.
- WHAT CAN I EXPECT OUT OF THE BOX: Well the V30 comes running Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with upgrades available to 8.0.0 Oreo as well as a fast charger where you can charge the device to full in Approx 2 hours as well as compatible with wireless charging (sold separately).
- WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT LG 2ND YEAR WARRANTY: LG supports a second year limited warranty for devices purchase only directly from the carrier they do not extend this warranty when purchased from online retailers at heavily discounted rates therefore if you do desire an extended warranty you may purchase one from a site such as SquareTrade as LG only supports their warranty when purchased and paid for the full amount of 9.99 directly from the carrier.