Mobile communication has brought a revolution in terms of connecting people. Forget about those days of landline phones where one can only communicate if he was in a particular place. With the advent of cell phones, it has become the easiest and most popular gadget. Almost everyone uses mobile and the number of users is increasing day by day.
Aged people who are either alone or with a family, do need a cell phone badly. This becomes the best option to keep informed about their health, requirements to the people it matters. Even if these senior people move outside their house for any purpose, then too, a mobile phone will help in a great way if there is any urgency. He or she can easily call any of the relatives using the cell phone and ask for any kind of assistance.
But, considering their age and reflex, the senior people should have such a cell phone that is easy to use. This becomes the one and only important aspect while choosing their cell phone. They might not be tech savvy like the younger generation, so a plain and simple cell phone with some necessary features are ideal for them. Here are some appropriate features to choose the best cell phone for seniors:
Cell Phone Type:
This is one of the most important aspects while choosing a mobile phone for any senior citizen. It has often seen that the aged people struggle with touch phones as those are very sensitive. One needs to press on the exact area to activate any feature. A touch in other places of the screen might yield a different result and it often causes inconvenience to a section of people. Also, it takes more time to operate a touch phone rather than a basic phone. So, for senior citizens, a basic phone with bigger and prominent keypad is the ideal one. They can see the big buttons and can press as per requirement.
Phone Shape & Screen Size:
For aged people, a phone that can be held easily is the ideal one. This is easy to operate and handle. If the screen is bigger, then one can have some advantage in reading it. Text or number in a bigger size is always helpful for senior people and the display should be a high contrast one. Then only a person can view the screen quite easily. Considering the aged people will use basic mobile phones with keypad, so they might not get a bigger screen always. But the display quality should be at its best for viewing both in outdoor and indoor locations.
Nowadays, almost every phone comes with some basic features like camera, music player and FM radio. The camera quality may differ from one model to another, but considering the occasional and limited use of a camera in case of a senior citizen, a basic one would suffice their needs. Similarly, they can hear hours of music either from FM channels or from music stored on the phone. There are some other utility features that can help a senior person immensely. A flashlight might help him in the dark, an amplified loudspeaker will enable to hear any ringtone even if he is in a public place and so on. Several phones come with an Emergency or SOS button. Once pressed, a signal transmits to a pre-scheduled phone number and it can really be helpful in case of an emergency.
Keeping all these features into consideration, one can easily get a cell phone for seniors. All the options might not be available on a single phone, in that case, one can finalize a cell phone with maximum options. In this way, one can easily choose the best cell phone for seniors.
Find the top cellphones for seniors at Amazon.com
Top 5 basic cellphones for seniors are given below:
# RANK 1
# RANK 2
Unlocked 2G GSM Cell Phone - UNO M6 - Celular Desbloqueado - Dual SIM - Arrives with SIM Card - Ready-to-Go - Great for Kids/Travel/Backup (Pink)
- SIM INCLUDED: You will receive a pre-installed, GSM enabled SIM card with your phone. With the starter SIM card, simply call to activate and choose your plan! (No Contract)
- EXTREMELY EASY TO USE - Effortless User Experience for Any Age. Simply Insert the Ultra SIM Card provided -> Activate -> and you're ready to go.
- RELIABLE & DURABLE - Compact and Sturdy Phone with Long Battery Life: Fits easily to every pocket. Perfect for working outdoor or as a backup for emergency situations.
- MULTI-FEATURES - International Texts & Calls (80+ Countries), Alarm, Calculator, World Clock, Calendar, FM Radio, Bluetooth 2.0, Flashlight, and much more. A Great Gift for Family Members!
- ¡El mejor teléfono por tu dinero! ¡Tome fotos, videos, escuche su música / radio favorita, batería de larga duración, manténgase en contacto con sus seres queridos en cualquier parte del mundo!
# RANK 3
Samsung Galaxy J2 Core 2018 International Version, No Warranty Factory Unlocked 4G LTE (USA Latin Caribbean) Android Oreo SM-J260M Dual Sim 8MP 8GB (Black)
- Dual Nano Sim 4G LTE Unlocked Any GSM Carrier GSM (NOT FOR VERIZON SPRINT NET10 OR ANY CDMA CARRIER)
- Bands: B1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B17(700), B28(700) 3G UTMS B1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850), B8(900)
- Android 8 Oreo (Go edition) 8mp Flash Rear Camera + 5Mp Front Camera
- Quad Core 1. 4GHZ / 8GB (4. 1GB USER) 1GB Ram Support Micro SD Up to 256 gb (not included)
- 5. 0 inch 540 x 960 (qHD) Factory Unlocked International Version Latin Specs
# RANK 4
# RANK 5
TracFone Carrier-Locked Alcatel MyFlip 4G Prepaid Flip Phone- Black - 4GB - Sim Card Included – CDMA
- Camera description: 2.0
- Operating system: Stand alone
- Included components: Wall charger
Some other cell phones for seniors are given below:
ARCCI [SC051] Quad Band Senior Cell Phone
|VERY GOOD FOR SR CITIZENS.|
ARCCI SC051 is a GSM quard band senior/kids cellphone. It is very easy to use and equipped with SOS Button, large keyboard, voice time, number key reading and FM radio. This phone is not compatible with Verizon and sprint networds. It can support MMS, MP3, Micro-SD Card up to 16GB (not included) and Bluetooth. It has features like – main screen shows the owner name, blood type, family name and contact information.