We live in an era where technology is constantly reinvented and innovations are an everyday occurrence. The result is that HD televisions sets, not to be found below 1000 dollars, are today available under 500 dollars.
The screen sizes of HDTVs in this price range reach a maximum of 42 inches. While this is a good size for your living room, there may others who may want bigger sets. For such buyers, HDTVs under 500 dollars is an excellent option as the ‘secondary TV’ for your bedroom or gaming room.
These televisions have a resolution of 1080 pixels with support for Full HD or Ultra HD. This enables you to enjoy movies as well as high-quality games to the maximum. With many sets offering LED backlighting, the picture quality is further enhanced due to higher contrasts.
HD TV models in this price range will also offer you HDMI and USB ports which allow you to connect to entertainment devices. This feature is extremely important especially if you are buying this as a secondary television only for gaming purposes.
Refresh rates of 60 Hz and above enable smooth transitions of frames giving you a better action feedback.
Bundled web applications and Internet connectivity through built in WiFi, allow you to connect and stream videos directly from the Internet.
Added features like speakers and color enhancers work to make your experience a more fun one.
Find the top HD TVs under 500 dollars at Amazon.com
Top 5 HDTVs under 500 dollars are given below:
# RANK 1
TCL 43S517 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2018 Model)
- Your purchase includes One TCL 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV, 2018 Model – 43S517, One start guide, one Remote control Roku TV RC580 with batteries
- TV dimensions: Without stand- 37.8" W x 22.1" H x 2.9" D. With Stand- 37.82" W x 24" H x 8.4" D. Weight without stand: 18.5 lbs. Screen size: 43” Diagonal
- Inputs: AV Input Composite + L&R Video, RF Input (NTSC, ATSC) 1, Ethernet 1, USB 1 USB 2.0, HDMI 3 HDMI 2.0 w/HDCP 2.2 (1 ARC), SPDIF Digital Audio Optical 1, Audio Output Headphone 1
- Pairs 4K ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of Dolby Vision high dynamic range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture. With the combination of 4K ultra HD, HDR support, a dedicated game mode, and an amazingly low input lag, this is one of the best reviewed gaming TVs out there!
- Smart functionality offers access to thousands of streaming channels featuring more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes via Roku TV. Contrast Control Zones is not included in 5 Series.
# RANK 2
LG Electronics 49UK6300PUE 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2018 Model)
- Dimensions (Wx H x D): TV without stand 43.7" x 25.6" x 3.2", TV with stand: 43.7" x 27.8" x 9.3"
- LG UHD TVs with AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ become the hub for your connected smart devices. Beyond apps and entertainment, LG AI TV uses intelligent voice control to create a hub for the smart home and beyond
- The multi format 4K high dynamic range support includes HDR10 and HLG, both with LG’s advanced tone mapping technology that provides scene by scene optimization
- The IPS technology in LG TV uses in plane switching to deliver rich colors and a strong contrast Ratio that remain Consistent at wide viewing angles
- Inputs: 3 HDMI, 2 USB, 1 RF, 1 Composite in shared with component, 1 Ethernet, 1 Optical and Audio Return Channel Support via HDMI.Bluetooth:4.2
- Refresh Rate - TruMotion 120 (Native 60Hz); Wi-Fi Built In: Yes (802.11ac)
# RANK 3
# RANK 4
Sony KD43X720E 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 38.3" x 22.5" x 2.9", TV with stand: 38.3" x 24.5" x 9.7"
- Resolution 2160p (4K).Smart functionality gives you access to your favorite apps and content. With YouTube and Netflix buttons built into the remote, you are one click away from endless entertainment.
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of High Dynamic Range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture.
- Wi-Fi standard: Wi-Fi certified 802.11b/g/n. Edge-lit LED produces good picture quality with sleek slim design. AC 110-240 V, 50/60 Hz
- 60Hz native refresh rate plus Motionflow XR allows fast moving action scenes to be seen with virtually no motion blur
- Inputs: 3 – HDMI, 3 - USB2.0, 1 – Component/Composite Hybrid, 1 – Composite
- In the box: AC power adapter, Mini-plug Video Adapter, Remote Control (RMT-TX300U), Batteries (R03), AC Power Cord (US, 2pin, Pigtail, Straight), Operating Instructions, Quick Setup Guide / Supplement CUE (GA), Table Top Stand (Separate, assemble required)
# RANK 5
Sceptre Curved 55-Inch 4K Ultra High Definition 3840 x 2160 UHD LED TV C558CV-U (Metal Black 2018)
- 55" 4K UHDTV Curved TV
- Ultra High Definition 3840x2160
- HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2
- MEMC 120 (Motion Estimation and Motion Compensation)
- USB Port