You can be surprised by what kind of laptop facilities you can get in the budget of 500 dollars. The things to focus on are your priorities. Today you can easily get a laptop that is user-friendly, responsive and accommodates your basic computing needs in sub $500 price range. Especially for students who are usually steeped in debt, a laptop with an affordable price with the maximum number of facilities is a necessity.
Key factors to look for while purchasing an affordable laptop under 500 dollars are as follows –
• Needs of a college student vary from the area of study, therefore features to look for should be compatible according to their areas of interest like Graphic Designing, Project Writing, Trade and commerce, Finance, banking, Business administration etc.
• A Portable model for journalism, writing or MBA student, Multimedia model for someone from graphic designing, entertainment or editing.
• At least Intel Core i3 processor, 4 GB RAM, and Intel HD graphics card.
• Screen size should 13-inch to 15 inches. College student laptops should be portable and sleek.
• A good battery life with at least 3 hours of back up battery is necessary
Find the top laptops for college students under 500 dollars at Amazon.com
Top 5 laptops for college students under 500 dollars are given below:
# RANK 1
# RANK 2
# RANK 3
# RANK 4
# RANK 5
Some other laptops for college students under 500 dollars are given below:
High-Performance ASUS 13.3″ 2-in-1 Laptop
|Processor Type:||Intel Core i3-5010U Processor 1.9 GHz|
|RAM Size:||6 GB|
|Hard Disk:||500 GB|
|Screen:||13.3 inch touchscreen|
|Operating System:||Windows 10|
|Battery Life:||7.5 hours|
The sturdy built of this Asus laptop is perhaps because of its high grade plastic, which is the primary building component used here. It feels very plastic and designed may not be very appealing to many with flashier preferences. But it has a 360 degree convertibility option which is appealing enough for many. Falling in the category of lightweight laptops, it is only 3.9 lbs in weight and has an inch thin profile. Windows 10 comes pre-installed with this model.
The display is adequately big with 13.3” LED Backlit, Touchscreen panel and produces acceptable picture quality. The Intel Core i3-5010U has been integrated with the chipset, which is powerful enough to keep up with your above average processing requirements. Intel HD graphics takes care of the graphical aspect of this laptop, quite well. For great multitasking and greased up surfing, the 6 GB RAM which comes with this laptop, is pretty good. 500 GB hard drive doesn’t let storage issues take over. Battery life stretches up to 7.5 hours on rugged usage, which is fair in this price segment.
Other features include: Card reader, HDMI port, 3 USB ports, Kensington security lock, Power and volume buttons on the side, powerful audio and more
best laptops for students under 500 dollars
best laptops under 500 dollars for students