A few years back, microwaves were used only for heating leftover food or roasting snacks. But now, with the increase in pace and activity, microwaves are used for a variety of cooking activities, such as- grilling food, preparing certain recipes, or for automated cooking with a sensor alarm. Overall, they have become a smart kitchen appliance that we can’t do without.
Choosing the right microwave, within the price range of 150-200 US dollars might be a difficult task if not researched thoroughly. To give some heads up, here are a few quick tips to guide you during your buying process:
Type: The counter top microwave is usually considered best for the kitchen. However, if the kitchen space permits, there are other options also available in this price range, such as- compact, micro-hood, over the range, built in and speed cooking microwave ovens.
Wattage and Performance: The majority of microwaves in this price range come with cooking power between 700 watts to 1200 watts. However, a mere difference of 100 watts doesn’t create much of a difference.
Size and Capacity: Sizes can vary from 1 to 3 cubic feet for this range of microwaves. One should always go for the size that conveniently fits the kitchen without taking up too much of the working space area. As per capacity is concerned, for a family of 4 to 5, a 30 liter microwave is sufficient.
Technical Features: A smart microwave should be an integrated gadget of all the basic features, such as: reheat and auto defrost buttons, soft touch electronic panel, variable power levels, programmable child locks, friendly features, easy clean options, auto cook menus, digital turners and removable turn table.
Find the top microwave ovens under 200 dollars at Amazon.com
Top 5 microwave ovens under 200 dollars are given below :
# RANK 1
Panasonic Compact Microwave Oven with 1200 Watts of Cooking Power, Sensor Cooking, Popcorn Button, Quick 30sec and Turbo Defrost - NN-SN67KS - 1.2 Cubic Foot (Stainless Steel / Silver)
- Microwave cooking made easy space-saving, 1. 2 Cu. Ft. 1200W stainless steel countertop oven with 11 power levels, smart controls and LED, 3 level popcorn button, 13. 4 inches turntable, easy clean interior, auto and manual controls
- Inverter technology generates a seamless stream of microwave cooking power for evenly heated foods edges to center. Cavity Dimensions (H x W x D)- 9 15/16 x 13 15/16 x 14 3/8 inches
- Smart cooking settings with genius sensor automatically adjusts power and times to take the guesswork out of everyday cooking; includes 16 sensor cook settings; Sensor reheat warms evenly to retain nutrients and texture in leftovers
- Inverter Turbo defrost for all your frozen foods, Turbo defrost accelerates defrosting time to thaw more quickly and thoroughly for more flavorful foods
- 3-Level popcorn button popcorn lovers can choose the optimal popping temperature and time for different microwave bag capacities (3.2, 2.7, or 1.5 ounce ) for Hot, sumptuous snacking
# RANK 2
Toshiba EC042A5C-SS Countertop Microwave Oven with Convection, Smart Sensor, Sound On/Off Function and LCD Display, 1.5 Cu.ft, Stainless Steel
- Stylish Stainless Steel finish with easy to clean Stainless Steel interior, external dimension (wxdxh): 21.8 x 21.5 x 13 inches, internal dimension (wxdxh): 15.5 x 15.35 x 10.2 inches
- Combines microwave and convection cooking in one appliance, with auto bake and auto roast menus
- Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum result of popular foods like frozen pizza, potato, vegetables and more
- One touch popcorn button and warm-hold function, equipped with power-saving eco mode, sound on/off option and child safety lock
- 1000 watts with 10 power settings, clock, and kitchen timer, bright digital display, easy-to-read control panel, LED cavity light and 13.6 inch glass turntable
- If you wish to mute the buzzer of the microwave, please long press on the button "8" for 3-5 seconds. The buzzer is automatically switched off after a long beep.
- The keypad is covered by a protective film during shipment. Please peel it off before first use.
- 1 year, please keep the packaging for contacting Toshiba after sales service and product returns.
# RANK 3
# RANK 4
# RANK 5