The best TV under 1200 dollars would definitely be a widescreen LED TV. Both edge-lit and back-lit LED TVs come with their own set of advantages and it is only the buyer who can decide which of these two varieties suit him best.
Let us have a look at the features you can expect from the best of these under 1200 dollars.
• You can expect a screen size as big as 60 inch which is suitable for a large sized room.
• These screens offer advanced pixel structures that contribute in producing brilliant picture clarity, stunning colors and enthralling details.
• They offer high refresh rates. You may expect refresh rate as high as 120 Hz that helps in delivering amazingly clear content even during fast-moving sequences. You can even get a refresh rate of 600 Hz on Plasma screens.
• These screens automatically adjust the picture brightness as per the ambient light in the room.
• They come with split screen feature that allows you to surf the internet and watch your favourite show on TV simultaneously.
• The televisions are equipped with powerful speakers to offer an audio quality which is as good as their picture quality.
• These screens also allow you to change channels and manage other functions with your smart phone or tablet.
• The best of these are equipped with dual core processor and built in wifi that allow faster downloads of various applications as well as offer a fast web browsing experience. Streaming movies, downloading music, playing games and connecting with friends is easier and great fun on these screens.
• They offer wide viewing angles to make sure the content running on the screen appears equally clear from different angles in a room.
• The screens are equipped with multiple HDMI and USB ports to allow connectivity with various smart new age devices.
However, if you are planning to place your screen in a room that doesn’t see enough ambient light all through the day then a plasma would be a better option for you. The best of these under 1200 dollars offer great picture quality and come loaded with almost all the features mentioned above.
The best screens under 1200 dollars are available from various brands such as Samsung, Sony, Sharp, LG and Vizio to name a few.
Find top TVs under 1200 dollars at Amazon.com
Top 5 TVs under 1200 dollars are given below:
# RANK 1
Sony XBR49X900F 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED Android TV with Alexa Compatibility
- Beyond High Definition: 4K UHD HDR picture offers stunning clarity, color range and detail
- Enhanced Quality: With the X1 Extreme Processor enjoy controlled contrast & wide range of brightness.
- Say It. See It.: Connect Alexa to your TV to stream smart camera feeds with your voice, play music, launch video apps, and more; Compatible with Amazon Alexa & Google Home
- Premium Display: Enjoy Vibrant Colors with Triluminos & Clear on Screen Action with X-Motion Clarity
- Dimensions(WxHxD): Without Stand 75 1/4 x 43 1/4 x 2 7/8 Inch, with Stand 75 1/4 x 46 3/8 x 15 5/8 Inch
- Multiple Inputs: 4 HDMI, 2 USB2.0, 1 USB3.0 & 1 Composite Port to Easily Switch Inputs
- Box Includes: Voice Remote, Batteries, Power Cord, IR Blaster, Operating Manual, Setup Guide & Stand
# RANK 2
TCL 65R617 - 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2018 Model)
- Your purchase includes One TCL 65R617 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2018 Model), One voice enabled remote control with batteries and One analog audio/video input adapter.
- TV dimensions without stand: 57.1" W x 32.9" H x 3" D. TV dimensions with stand: 57.1” W x 35.7” H x 10.7” D. Stand separation distance: 55.5” TV weight without stand: 51.2bs
- Our Contrast Control Zones (CCZ) is part of the powerful performance package available on our new six series TV. Simply put, and LED TV with Full array and contrast control zones is the only way in LED TV can have the blackest blacks and whitest whites on screen at the same time, delivering an amazing contrast, bright vibrant white, and deep rich blacks.
- The 120 Hz clear motion index uses a combination of the TVs need of 60 Hz panel and back like scanning to deliver clear fast action. This technology prevents the “soap opera effect”.
- While TCL Roku TVs do not include Bluetooth, you can connect this TV to external audio by using either HDMI ARC, a digital optical audio out, or an analog audio out in the form of a 3.5 mm Jack.
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
# RANK 3
Samsung Electronics UN65MU8000 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model)
- An extreme step up in color with a billion more shades than regular 4K UHD.
- See extreme contrast between the darkest darks and the lightest lights, plus expanded color and depth.
- See what you’ve been missing, even in dark scenes.
- Enjoy smooth, crisp action, even in the fastest scenes, bringing sports and fast-moving content to life.
- Please note the differences between the MU8000 and the MU800D. MU8000: Gray cabinet, 500 nits HDR sustained brightness, Mega Dynamic Contrast MU800D: Dark Titan cabinet, 470 nits HDR sustained brightness, Ultra Dynamic Contrast
# RANK 4
Sony KD70X690E 70-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 61.8" x 35.7" x 3.8" in, TV with stand: 61.8" x 37.5" x 12.2"
- Smart functionality gives you access to your favorite apps and content. With YouTube and Netflix buttons built into the remote, you are one click away from endless entertainment.
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of High Dynamic Range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture.
- Direct LED produces great picture quality. Display resolution: 3840 x 2160(H x V, pixels)
- 60Hz native refresh rate plus Motionflow XR gives you great motion for all types of content
- Inputs: 3 – HDMI, 3 - USB2.0, 1 – Component/Composite Hybrid, 1 – Composite. Stand design: Plastic with metal
- In the box: Remote Control (RMT-TX300U), Batteries (R03), AC Power Cord (2pin, Pigtail, US type, straight plug shape Connector), Operating Instructions, Quick Setup Guide / Supplement CUE (GA), Table Top Stand (Separate, assemble required)
# RANK 5
Samsung Electronics UN65MU8500 Curved 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model)
- See extreme contrast between the darkest darks and lightest lights, plus expanded color and depth.
- An extreme step up in color with a billion more shades than standard 4K UHD.
- Triple Black lets you see what you've been missing, even in dark scenes.
- Enjoy smooth, crisp action even in the fastest scenes. Motion Rate 240 brings sports and fast moving content to life.
- Please note the differences between the MU8500 and the MU850D. MU8500: Gray cabinet, 500 nits HDR sustained brightness, Mega Dynamic Contrast. MU850D: Dark Titan cabinet, 470 nits HDR sustained brightness, Ultra Dynamic Contrast.