Normal wrist watches made for swimming with water resistance power are not enough when you want to indulge in the water sport such as diving which requires more pressure. Many times you will find the watch gone dead as soon as you hit on an expedition, this is what happens when a proper watch with a standard dive watch is not with you. There are two types of standards when it concerns the water resistance power that you need to be aware of, the ‘ISO2281’ which is a watch for swimming purpose and the ‘ISO6425’ standard for the diving purpose. These watches go through immense testing for diving and hence are given the standard by ISO.
There is a high possibility that those dive watches may just end up being used for swimming or shallow diving, but the material used for such dive watches is sure something to awe over. A serious dive watch in common handles the at least 20 atm of water pressure which equals to 200 meters or below the water surface of the ocean. One needs to watch out because many watches in the market may claim to be dive watches, only to fail when there is a need for them, therefore here are some features to look for in dive watches while buying.
•Water resistance –
Of course, the first feature to look for a diving watch is its water resistance level. Be sure to check the manual when you research for dive watches. Even if they claim to be 200 m resistant, they might just for swimming purpose or light diving purpose. A good 500 m resistant watch will stay with through many water expeditions even you don’t plan to go that low.
• Visibility in dark and battery power –
Two of the main features to watch out for!
• Warranty –
A quality diver’s watch will at least give you a warranty of three to five years.
Find the top watches for diving at Amazon.com
Top 5 watches for diving are given below :
# RANK 1
Invicta Men's 8926OB Pro Diver Stainless Steel Automatic Watch with Link Bracelet
- Round watch featuring corrugated unidirectional bezel, luminous hands/markers, and magnified date window at three o'clock
- 40 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Japanese automatic movement with analog display
- Also features stainless steel link bracelet with fold-over clasp and safety closure, screw-down crown, and exhibition caseback
- Water resistant to 200 m/660 ft. Length-210mm. Size-20mm. Buckle-Diver
# RANK 2
Invicta Men's 8926 Pro Diver Collection Automatic Watch, Silver-Tone/Black Dial/Half Open Back
- Round watch featuring fluted crown, date window, unidirectional bezel, and luminous hands/markers.Crown Type: Screw Down.
- 40 mm stainless steel case and black mineral dial window
- Japan automatic movement with analog display. Rotary speed-30rmp
- Stainless steel bracelet and fold-over clasp with safety closure
- Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft)
# RANK 3
Orient Men's 'Ray II' Japanese Automatic Stainless Steel Diving Watch, Color:Silver-Toned (Model: FAA02005D9)
- Orient Cal. F6922 Automatic, Hand-winding, Hacking Movement
- Case Diameter: 41.5mm without crown.Case Thickness:13mm. Power Reserve: Approximately 40 hours
- To change the date, rotate the crown counter clockwise.
- To change the day, rotate the crown clockwise. If you pull the crown once more, the time can be set by turning the crown clockwise and counter clockwise.
# RANK 4
Invicta Men's Pro Diver Quartz Watch with Stainless Steel Strap, Two Tone, 20 (Model: 26972)
- Blue dial, Two tone stainless steel band
- 40mm stainless steel case;Push/pull crown;Flame Fusion crystal
- 200 meter water resistant
# RANK 5
Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Promaster Diver Watch With Date, BN0151-09L
- Round watch featuring unidirectional bezel and blue dial with date window at 4 o'clock and luminous hands/hour markers
- Eco-Drive technology is fueled by light and never needs a battery
- 48 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Japanese quartz movement with analog display
- Molded polyurethane band with buckle closure
- Water resistant: WR200/20Bar/666ft [Swimming, Showering & Snorkeling]