You feel the coast wind run through your hair. You are in an excited rush with the speed you are riding through the beach blue waves; there are few gadgets however that you must have in your possession at such times so that you concentrate entirely on surfing. As surf watches are one of the most important tools for surfers to keep a record of speed and distance as well as to tell or track of a wave, other than basic features like alarm, backlight, and water resistance.
Some of the few features that are required of a surfer watch are :
• Water resistance –
The water resistance for a watch meant for surfing need not be at a level needed for diving. A watch with ISO certification and a water-resistance level of 330 feet is enough for a surfer’s watch. Such watches even work for bathing, swimming and for snorkeling. A diving watch although is at another level.
• Features –
One of the main points that make a surfer’s watch distinct from other water sports watches is its special features. These special features include real time surf forecasting, 10 hours GPS surf time, top speed and distance recording options, wave count and tracking option, one touch auto set with thousands of tide locations, tide height and direction, moon phase, countdown timer and various alarm options.
• Build –
A rough exterior but a lightweight material like titanium case offers maximum durability.
• Warranty –
There are many affordable surfers’ watches that you can get with a warranty of at least one year to two years.
Find the top watches for surfing at Amazon.com
Top 5 watches for surfing are given below :
# RANK 1
Casio Men's G7900A-4 G-Shock Rescue Red Digital Sport Watch
- Shock-resistant sport watch featuring moon/tide graphs, low temp LCD, auto EL backlight, flash alert, world time, and daily alarm
- Also includes chronograph with 12 and 24-hour formats
- 50 mm resin case with mineral dial window
- Japanese quartz movement with digital display
- Red resin band with buckle closure
- Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft): In general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not scuba diving
# RANK 2
Freestyle Men's 101948 Dive Triple Black Dive Strap Watch
- Solid Japanese quartz movement with sweeping second hand with date
- Solid stainless steel case, case back, crown and pushers
- Soft, pliable, comfortable silicone strap with stainless steel buckle
- Durable hardened mineral crystal protects watch from scratches
- Water resistant to 200M: suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving
# RANK 3
Freestyle Men's 101947 Hammer Hear Analog Display Japanese Quartz Black Watch
- Japanese Quartz Digital Movement, Lap Counter, Alarm, Countdown Timer/Stopwatch, Standard Digital Functions and Backlight, Polycarbonate Case with Hydro-Pushers (able to be pushed under-water)
- Soft, Pliable, Comfortable Silicone Strap with Stainless Steel Buckle, Durable Hardened Mineral Crystal protects watch from scratches, Water-resistant to 330 feet (100 M) and all with a Limited Lifetime Warranty!
- Japanese-quartz Movement
- Case Diameter: 50mm
- Water Resistant To 660 Feet
# RANK 4
Nautica N83 Men's NAPUSS904 Urban Surf Yellow/Black Silicone Strap Watch
- Adjustable 22mm yellow silicone strap fits up to 8-inch wrist circumference
- Blue dial; date window at 3 o'clock; luminous hands
- Silver-tone 44mm brass case with fixed black top ring enriched with Nautica style flags spelling "NAUT"
- Snap down case back; snap-down crown
- Water resistant to 50m (165 ft): In general, suitable for short periods of recreational swimming, but not diving or snorkeling
# RANK 5
Rip Curl Men's Quartz Sport Watch with Silicone Strap, Black, 24.3 (Model: A3087CMO1SZ)
- Silicone watch with digital date and time
- Individually water resistance tested for durability in a marine environment
- Quartz Movement
- Case Diameter: 40mm
- Water resistant to 100m (330ft): in general, suitable for swimming and snorkeling, but not diving. Webbing strap with soft polyurethane keepers and polycarbonate buckle