Wine cellars are designed not only to store wine or alcoholic beverages but also to provide optimal conditions for long-term aging of wine and consistent temperature. A wine cellar is a must-have appliance for avid wine lovers and for people who love to keep a large collection of red, white and sparkling wines.
A variety of wine cellars is available under 250$ budgets like freestanding cellars, built in cellars, furniture style cellars and many more. It all depends on your necessity. So while choosing below points should be kept in mind:
Power usage: It not only depends on the load a unit carries but also on the weather fluctuations. Obviously, a larger unit will consume more power and hence is the electricity bill. But it is recommended to opt for appliance with fluorescent bulbs rather than incandescent bulbs, as fluorescent bulbs consume less power.
Features: Always look for smart appliance with smart features like accessing appliance without opening door. A good wine cellar must include additional features like digital control, thermoelectric cooling, dual zone, adjustable thermostat etc.
Design & Type: Diversity in designs are available like freestanding, furniture style and small wine cellars etc. While choosing your cellar to take a close look at the shelves and uniformity in temperature.
Capacity: Bigger is always better, as you get another option for offset storage. You can store red wine, white wine and sparkling. But ultimately capacity depends upon the consumption of wine and size of your family.
Find the top wine cellars under 250 dollars at Amazon.com
Top 5 wine cellars under 250 dollars are given below:
# RANK 1
Koldfront TWR187ESS 18 Bottle Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler, Black and Stainless Steel
- Control panel with LCD temperature display for both zones; Dimensions: 25.33" H x 14" W x 22.25" D
- Free-standing installation only, not meant for built in use; Tempered glass door; Door swing of 180 degrees required to remove shelving
- Top zone temperature range: 54° to 66°F; Lower zone temperature range: 46° to 66°F
- For a larger version of this model please see TWR247ESS and TWR327ESS; Thermoelectric cooling; Safety lock;
- Note: Designed for standard sized 750ml 2.75" Bordeaux bottles, to accommodate larger bottles a shelf will need to be removed.
# RANK 2
Danby 36 Bottle Freestanding Wine Cooler
- 36 bottle free-standing wine cooler
- Blue LED interior lighting beautifully showcases the wine without the heat of an incandescent bulb
- Recessed pocket style handle.Convenient reversible door swing for left or right hand opening
- Black wire shelving.Tempered glass door with stainless steel trim helps to protect the wine from harmful UV rays
- Temperature range of 6°C - 14°C (43°F - 57°F); There’s no incandescent bulb to interfere with the chilling process
# RANK 3
Haier 18-Bottle Dual Zone Curved Door with Smoked Glass Wine Cellar
- Vibration-free; Ultra quiet thermal electric cooling
- Perfect for red or white wines
- Dual touch screen controls with2 LED displays. Independently adjust temperature 46-66f upper compartment; 54-66f lower compartment
- 9 Full-width chrome storage racks
# RANK 4
Electro Boss 28 Bottle Wine Cooler Thermoelectric Stainless-Steel Fridge for Red or White, Digital Display, Reversible Glass Door, Model #5335, Silver
- STORES 28 BOTTLES- With 6 rows of removable chrome racks that hold 4 bottles each, this fridge provides ample space for storing wine, beer and other beverages. The blue interior LED light helps you make your drink selection and adds to the sleek style.
- THERMOELECTRIC- Save on your electric bill each month with this energy efficient, thermoelectric beverage chiller. The dual cooling fans circulate air evenly, maintaining the desired temperature and costs less than traditional compressor driven fridges.
- PERFECT TEMPERATURE- The key to enjoying a glass of wine is storing the bottle in a consistent temperature. Adjust the electronic thermostat of the wine cooler to 52-64°F or 11-18°C to create the ideal environment for both red and white wines.
- QUIET DESIGN- Whether you set this refrigerator on a counter, under the bar or built it into your space, the dual thermoelectric fans and quiet motor make this chiller virtually noise and vibration free- unlike traditional compressors.
- PRODUCT DETAILS- Materials: Stainless Steel, Tempered Glass, and Chrome. Dimensions: (L) 17.75 (W) x 20.67 x (H) 28.75. ETL Listed. 120V. 60H. 80” Cord. Temperature Range: 52-64° F, do not store food. Door: Reversible to open left or right. Color: Silver
# RANK 5
Wine Enthusiast Silent 18 Bottle Two-Temp Touchscreen Wine Refrigerator
- Protects the taste of reds and whites with updated, virtually silent cooling technology in 2 zones
- Top zone adjustable temperature range of 54-66°F provides ideal storing conditions for reds and whites
- Bottom zone adjustable temperature range of 46-66°F provides ideal storing conditions for reds and whites, and optimum serving conditions for most whites
- Freestanding only
- DUE TO STATE REGULATIONS - DOES NOT SHIP TO CALIFORNIA